08 June 2008

Peppercorn Rye-Bock 4

I brewed version four of the peppercorn rye-back in April. I am finally tapping the keg. This batch was made with a full wort boil. I boiled 7 gallons of water, extract, hops and spices down to 5.5 gallons. To be honest, I can't tell that much difference with what I brewed before, but the beer is a bit hazy.

Satan and I visited over Memorial Day weekend. We re-work the peppercorn rye-bock base recipe:

  • 7 lb German Pilsener Malt
  • 3 lb Munich Malt
  • .5 Crystal 40L
  • 1.5 lb Flaked Rye
  • Hop to about 26-28 IBUs (hops to be determined)
  • WLP 830 German Lager

OG should be about 1065

Since the judges at Nationals didn't taste the rye in the contest beer, I bumped it up a half pound. We plan to brew this in October or November.

Labels:


posted by hiikeeba at 08:04

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home