26 September 2007

Dave's Pale Ale Review

I picked a six-pack of this up at Vail Liquors in Lionshead Village. I had read about Dave's Pale Ale and it's packaging, and wanted to see if the can obviously affected anything.

Dave's Pale Ale

Appearance (0-3):This poured up an Orange/Amber with a thin white head. 2 points

Aroma (0-4): The hop aroma is subdued, and there is a hint a caramel in the background. Smells great! 3 points.

Taste: Hop/Malt Balance (0-4): There is a slight hint of malt at the start, but the hop flavor quickly fills your mouth, finishing bitter on the back of the tongue. 3 points.

Aftertaste (0-3): It leaves a bitter hop tang on my breath, but not overpowering. 2 points.

Mouthfeel (0-3): Not bad. It's not thin. 3 points

Overall Impression (0-3): Did the can affect anything? Not having had the real thing on tap, I can't say for sure. But it tastes like other brew pub IPAs, so I guess it doesn't. Too bad I can't get this in Texas. While it's not a session beer for me, it is very good. 3 points.

Total: 16 points

I did try to drink one straight from the can. My advice? Don't. Use a glass. It tastes better.

Labels:


posted by hiikeeba at 16:39

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Well, I would agree on your assessment, but I drank mine from the can. I didn't have the patients to pour it into a glass. I still loved this beer.

4:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home