12 September 2007

Tommyknocker's Pub, Idaho Springs, CO

I stopped by Tommyknocker Brewery for lunch on my way to Vail for a conference, and sat in the bar area next to the brewery. Most of the brewpubs I've seen put their breweries behind glass. Not here. You can see the brewers working away.
I got there a little before noon on a Thursday, and there were a few people around. More arrived after I ordered. The selection is amazing. I didn't know what to order. I had thought about the rye porter, but they were out, darnit. So I chose a Pale Ale and a Cajun Chicken Sandwich. Great sandwich! I topped it with a little chipotle sauce, and was sure glad I had the pale ale. The hops cut the spice perfectly.
It cost me $20 to get out of there. A little more than I wanted to spend, but, oh well, it's on the expense account. Ssh. Don't tell my boss.

Labels:


posted by hiikeeba at 07:04

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home