18 September 2007

Rosie's Brewpub, Leadville, CO

After my computer class in Vail, I thought I'd run down to Leadville and try Rosie's Brewpub. It is only 33 miles from Vail. Over two freakin' mountains! What I thought would be a 40 minute drive was more like an hour.

Cool place. Obviously a local hangout. But it's bright a cheerful and the service is excellent. Rosie's is in a little frame house a block from Leadville's main drag. It is nothing fancy, but the pale ale was pretty good. Just hoppy enough to help cut the jalapeno heat, but not overpowering. I didn't think a 7% stout would be a good idea for the trip back to Vail. It was Happy Hour, and I had a basket of fried jalapeno slices. The total bill was $4.01. No souvenirs for sale though. :(

If you in the area, stop in. You won't be sorry.

Labels:


posted by hiikeeba at 07:13

1 Comments:

Blogger David said...

This pub closed in 2008.

2:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home