12 August 2013

The Duck-Rabbit Rabid Duck RIS - Reviewed

As I mentioned earlier, it's a bit hot here. I want to brew, but I can't convince myself to: 1) order ingredients, 2) get up extra early to start a brew day and 3) I'm lazy. I suspect that as soon as I run out of homebrew, I will be brewing in the heat anyway.

As Satan will gladly tell you, and so would Gary Glass (President of the American Homebrewers Association), I love Russian Imperial Stout!  So here's my review of Rabid Duck, from The Duck-Rabbit Craft Brewery.

 Appearance (0-3): Pours up jet black with a tan head that slowly dissipates to a thin layer of bubbles on the surface. 3 points

Aroma/Bouquet (0-4): Faint aroma with chocolate and roast.  2 points

Tastes (0-10): Malt sweetness start, a subtle roast flavor that seems to slide along  my tongue, and a subtle hop bitterness in the finish. Full bodied with medium carbonation. Hops are a bit strong, but not unpleasant. 8 points

Overall Impression (0-3): A little too roasty for me, but not bad. It's drinkable, and doesn't offend, but I don't think I would drink two in a row. I think the hop bitterness in the finish would just pile up on my tongue. 2 points

Total: 15 points

Labels:


posted by hiikeeba at 08:00

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home