02 August 2013

Fu Manbrew Belgian-Style Wit - Reviewed

I'm nearing the end of my NHC stash. At least the pale beers. anyway. I have a few Imperial Stouts to work my way through.

Fu Manbrew Belgian-style Wit

Appearance (0-3): I had to rouse the yeast a bit to get the yeast into suspension. It pours up a hazy, pale gold with white head that dissipates quickly to a thin layer of small bubbles. 3 points

Aroma/Bouquet (0-4): Hints of citrus and spices. Subtle, subdued with a hint of honey from chamomile. 3 points

Taste (0-10): Full of citrus, spice and a sweet finish. I can't decide if it's chamomile or lavender in this. Lavender has, to me, a hint of soapiness that I'm picking up. But, Satan's Wit Willy is made with D-Limonene, and citrus oil used for cleaning, and it's remarkably close to this flavor. Medium bodied with high carbonation. 8 points

Overall Impression (0-3): A nice summer brew, that is drinkable and smooth. The only thing that detracts from the score is the slight soapy taste. 2 points

Total: 16 points

Labels:


posted by hiikeeba at 08:00

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home