22 July 2013

Port City Optimal Wit - Review

I picked up a lot of beer on the way home from NHC. I picked up Port City Brewing Company Optimal Wit in Fredericksburg, Virginia, after conning my aunt into a ride to the liquor store.

Appearance (0-3): Pours up an opaque yellow with a thin white head. Maybe I poured too carefully.  3 points

Aroma/Bouquet (0-4): There is a subtle orange/citrus aroma with some spices I can't identify. It's not unpleasant. (3 points)

Taste (0-10): Starts off with hints of honey and orange. Finishes with a Fruit Loops flavor and a slight bitterness on the back of the tongue. There's a bit of carbonation bite on the sides of my tongue. (8 points)

Overall Impression (0-3): I like this beer. It's a nice, easy-drinking summer beer. It could have a bit more aroma, but that's just looking for problems. 3 points

Total: 17 points

posted by hiikeeba at 08:00

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home