24 July 2013

Westbrook Berwing Co. White Thai - Review

Satan and I made a few stops at bottle shops on the way home from NHC. The next few posts will be reviews of the beers. Since my LHBS is out of wheat malt until Wednesday, I couldn't brew last weekend, so I broke out the Jester King glass and tablet, and reviewed some beer.

Today, I'm drinking a Westbrooke Brewing Co. White Thai, a Southeast Asian twist on a Belgian Wit.

Appearance (0-3): Pours up a slightly hazy golden color with a thin white head that dissipates quickly. 3 points

Aroma/Bouquet (0-4): Aroma is subdued, with notes of ginger and lemon. 3 points

Taste (0-10): Nice malt flavor, with hints of honey, lemon and a hint of hops.  Medium bodied with medium high carbonation, this dances across my tongue. It finishes with a slit hop bitterness at the back of the tongue. Very nice. 8 points

Overall Impression (0-3): This might be another reason to move to the East Coast. Bolder than your typical wit, this is still smooth and light and completely drinkable. 3 points

Total: 17 points

Labels:


posted by hiikeeba at 08:00

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home