04 August 2013

Founders Breakfast Stout - Reviewed

I brought back a lot of stouts from NHC. While Founders Brewing Company has moved into Texas, I can't get Breakfast Stout here in Paradise. So I picked up a sixer somewhere along the way. So here's my review.

Founder's Breakfast Stout

Appearance (0-3): Pours up an opaque black with a light tan colored head that slowly fades to a thin cap of bubbles on the surface.  3 points

Aroma/Bouquet (0-4): There are notes of chocolate with coffee.  It smells great! 4 points

Taste (0-10): Starts with a malty sweetness then the coffee/roast flavor that lingers at the back of the tongue. There is a hint of hops that swirls through my mouth. It's full bodied with a smooth medium/high carbonation. I really like this beer. 10 points

Overall Impression (0-3): This just might be the perfect beer.  It's tasty, smooth, roasty, silky, boozy, tasty, smooth, roasty, silky. . . Sorry.  I'm repeating myself.  It's that good.  3 points

Total: 20 Points

Labels: ,


posted by hiikeeba at 08:00

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home