14 February 2013

Six Point 3Beans Review

About this time last year, after a successful Brewing Network Secret Santa exchange, I was sipping on some Sixpoint beers, and Tweeting about them. I'd received 6 16 oz cans of truly good beers.  The brewmaster (I assume) found my tweets and, when finding out I live in the Great Texas Craft Beer Desert, sadly informed me they didn't distribute here.

Now they do! Woot!

Well, except for the 16 oz cans. We're getting beer in Red Bull cans. In 4 packs.  Woo.

Since Sixpoint is new to the market, I'm not familiar with their beers. And the packaging doesn't help. It gives the name and the abv, and some marketing text, but I can't tell what the beers are.  C'mon, seriously? "Made with Rye malt to provide a signature and distinct earthy character. Seasoned and dry-hopped with herbal and citrus hops. Truly Righteous." Can't you just say rye pale ale?

So at the local honey hole I picked up some 3Beans. "Take thou also unto thee wheat, and barley, and beans...and put them into one vessel. The beans of bygone brewers, united with cacao and coffee, to create a trinity of roasted, rich, and savory flavors."

So what the frak is it? Stout? Porter? Dark lager?

Don't get me wrong. It's a great beer.  But I'd like to know what I'm drinking. I'd like to know what to expect. But to obscure the style in a mix of of marketing-speak. . .

Well.

I'm glad Sixpoint is in Texas. I just wish they'd let me buy bigger cans. Like they sell in other places.

Labels:


posted by hiikeeba at 21:18

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home