Ninkasi Smiled On Me - Kinda
I decided to rebrew Dirktastic. Looking back on my notes, I see that my efficiency has fallen dramatically. Anyway, I used the original grain bill, and estimated an OG of 1.046, and got 1.047. I couldn't get Centennial hops, so I replaced them with Cascade. That reduced my IBUs to about 30. Which is good. Because by BU:GU ratio stayed about the same between the last batch at 1.056 and this batch at 1.046.
I pitched a 1.5L starter of Wyeast 1056. I also ordered a new fermentation bucket from Williams Brewing. I never saw airlock activity. So two days later, I checked the gravity. It was 1.039.
posted by Jeff Holt at 12:41