08 October 2009

Black Orchard Wit - FUBAR!

Ninkasi decided that I was getting too cocky in my abilities, and while brewing Black Orchard Wit I was plagued by problems. Well, Ninkasi wasn't through with me when I pitched the yeast. I let the beer stay in the fermenter for three weeks. When I kegged it, I noticed that none of the spice flavor came through, nor did any orange flavor. (I didn't really expect the orange flavor to come through since I forgot to add it to the boil, and put it in at flameout.) After I finished kegging, (I got 1.024 as a final gravity, by the way.) I disassembled the fermenter to clean it, and discovered that the beer had formed a pellicle.

I'll go ahead a carbonate it and see how it turns out. But once again, I am contemplating putting my equipment up for sale. . .


posted by hiikeeba at 09:42

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home