12 October 2009

Greg Noonan - 1951-2009

A post on the BeerAdvocate.com forums heralded the bad news.

I hate to be the first to post this. I went to the Vermont Brew Pub for lunch today, and the pub was closed with a lone sign standing out front:

Greg Noonan
March --- 1951 - Oct. 11th 2009.
I was told he had passed during the night.

Todd Alström, one of the founders of BeerAdvocate.com, posted that he called the brewpub and they confirmed it. The Houston Examiner posted a story based on the BeerAdvocate post. Homebrew Chef Sean Paxton posted a link to another Examiner story about Greg Noonan.

I hate to post this without additional confirmation. The only proof I have is a BeerAdvocate forum post, a couple of Houston Examiner stories, and a tweet from Charlie Papazian to substantiate the reports.

Labels:


posted by hiikeeba at 21:03

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home