17 June 2008

Jack Daniels Distillery and Big River Grill & Brewery

Day two and we were off to Lynchburg. I had taken the tour back in '97, and Satan never had. Tommy was our tour guide, and the tour was a bit shorter than I remember, but just as enjoyable. Jack Daniels is made with 80% corn, 12% barley and 8% rye. And in the fermenting room, the fermenting mash smelled just like a hefeweiss!

Next we went downtown for some souvenirs and headed for Nashville.

Oh! And for the record, when I get my second million, I'm buying a house in the Lynchburg area. It's beautiful country!

Nashville, on the other hand, is completely different than what I remember from 1972. Imagine that!

We stopped at Big River Grill and brewery. I imagine that with a good map we would have found it easier. But we made it. We arrived at about 3 pm, and the crowd was very light. It was such a nice day, we sat outside. I ordered chicken strips, and Satan had a blackened chicken sandwich. We both ordered a 22 oz glass of their wheat beer. It was outstanding and a perfect match for the day.

Best of all, there were several wireless connections available for my iPhone, so I was able to snap a photo of Satan enjoying his beer and send it back to the working stiffs back home. However, the photo I took of the outside I did not mail until I got to our hotel in Bardstown Kentucky, and the wireless network here won't connect to my mailbox. So the picture is to come.

Tomorrow: Makers Mark, Louiville, New Albany and Cincinnati!

Labels:


posted by hiikeeba at 21:03

2 Comments:

Blogger Virgil G said...

In Louisville, be sure to hit BBC (Bluegrass Brewing Company).

Last time I was there, they had a Raspberry Meade, that went awesome with the fish sandwich.

12:40 PM  
Blogger hiikeeba said...

We tried that and it was awesome. But, since we were driving. . .

We almost bought a $27 growler of it. We have decided to return to Bourbon country and tour as many distilleries as we can, and finish up at BBC.

6:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home