18 August 2013

Firestone Walker Union Jack IPA - Updated Review

Another beer picked up in Dallas. I've been looking forward to this beer ever since I heard they were coming to Texas. I quickly contacted the distributor's rep for our area, and asked how quickly he could get it here.  A couple of days later, he told me it was only going to be in Dallas and Austin. Only. Not in San Antonio, Houston, or here in Paradise.  Bastards! No link for them! Update: Guess who is delivering to Paradise! So here's an update to my review in April:

Appearance (0-3): Pours up a crystal clear orange with a creamy white head that lasts forever. 3 points

Aroma/Bouquet (0-4): Slight malt sweetness, with citrus overtones. Well balanced. 4 points

Taste (0-10): Medium heavy body with a nice crisp carbonation. Starts off with some malt sweetness, quickly followed by the bitter hops on the sides of my tongue. Spicy, piney hops, but smooth. Finishes with a smooth bitterness. 9 points

Overall Impression (0-3): A truly great beer. It doesn't drink like a 7% beer. It's sneaky and delightful. It's now my favorite beer. 3 points

Total: 19 points

Labels:


posted by hiikeeba at 08:00

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home