23 July 2011

Brewing Update

I haven't brewed since May, and I am not considering brewing until late August, for several reasons.

  1. It's hot here.  The highs bump 100° f with humidity in the 60s.  I'd have to start brewing at midnight to finish before it got to hot, and I'm not that dedicated.  I do not have a fermentation fridge, and the coolest room in the house fluctuates from 72° and 78°. (Ah the joy of living in a 1940s, uninsulated frame home!)
  2. I have five full kegs in the fridge: CYBI Bam Biere Clone, Bugeaters Rye Cream Ale target="new", Kölsch I Said So, Roger's Red Mild Ale, and Belgian Bombshell.  It'll take me a while to work my way through it.
  3. I can't decide what to brew next.  I want to brew Donn's Famous Horse Cram It In Brown Ale, Shadow Warrior, and another Saison du Permienne, but I can't decide what to brew first.
  4. Finally, we are in Stage 4 water restrictions about to move to Stage 5.  Since it takes about 15 gallons of water to make 6 gallons of beer, I probably should be a little more considerate.


posted by hiikeeba at 08:13


Post a Comment

<< Home