04 April 2011

Dirktastic Tasting Notes

I finally got a bottle of Dirktastic off to NHC, but it had only been a week in the bottle.  By the time the judges taste it, Dirktastic will be about five weeks old.  Probably just about perfect.  Sadly, that means that I have to rebrew it before the first round is judged.

In the meantime, I have to get rid of this keg.

At dry hop time, I discovered I didn't have any Simcoe!  Zut Alors!  So I scrambled for a replacement.  I have a small stockpile of Citra hop pellets.  Not exactly the same flavor, but Macht's nicht, if I might be permitted to mix linguisticisms.  So I dry hopped with Citra.

Dirktastic, or Citrastic if you prefer, as a lingering grapefruit bitterness with a peachy/mango flavor.  I kinda like it.  I hope the judges do, too.

Labels:


posted by hiikeeba at 08:42

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is there a brewers club here in Fritztown.

bananapudin@yahoo.com

10:51 AM  
Blogger hiikeeba said...

Not to my knowledge. I wonder how many home brewers there are here?

11:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like there would be a lot. I mean ..this is a German Town.
A friend got me into it, and I am on my 2nd batch. I moved my first (India Pale Ale) to the fridge yesterday. I have a batch of Kolsch in the fermenter.
A club would be great for a novice and looks like you could be pres.

11:43 AM  
Blogger hiikeeba said...

Me? President? Hmm. Do we get an army?

6:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Based on what I've seen on Northern Brewers videos, I would guess there are a lot of Home Brewers here, but there are a lot retirees that have seen Thunder Road too many times and think .. if outed...Revenuers will break down their front door with an axe.

7:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home