20 March 2011

Site Problems

A week or so ago, I began to notice a pop up window that opened whenever I closed the tab the blog was in.  I wasn't sure what was causing it, and didn't have time to figure out what bit of code was malware.  Yesterday, I sat down and started taking out the new things.

First, the Twitter counter went.  That didn't help.

Second, a Blog Burst link that has been on the site almost since day one went away.  That wasn't the problem.

Third, I deleted the "Search Google" search box at the top of the posts.  Whaddaya know!  It was a Google script that was causing it!

That "Search Google" script has been up there for years.  I guess someone figured out how to redirect it.

If you encounter any other issues, please click the "Email Jeff" link on the right and let me know.

Thanks

posted by hiikeeba at 11:16

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home