26 February 2007

Wahl & Henius Ale - Post 1

Wahl & Henius Ale

6 lbs Williams Brewing American Lager liquid malt extract (70% malt, 30% corn)
1 ounce Cascade hops/60 minutes
1 ounce Cascade hops/15 minutes
1 tsp Irish Moss
Wyeast 1056 Chico
OG = 1043

I brewed this using the "Good Eats method." I put two gallons of water into my kettle, added the extract and began the boil. To the fermenter, I added 7 pounds of ice and 1 and 1/2 gallons of water. At the end of the boil, I strained the wort into the ice water and pitched the yeast. I don't think I stirred my beer well, because my actual original gravity was 1021.

The last couple of beers that I brewed were dark, so I didn't do a secondary fermentation. Since this one is pale, I will rack to secondary on Sunday, where it will sit for two weeks.

Labels:


posted by hiikeeba at 06:14

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home