12 February 2007

The Beer Diet

The other day, my doctor told me he would like to see me cut back on my beer intake. Then he asked me if I was depressed, or had money problems. I looked quizzically at him for a moment while it sunk in. "Oh! The beer! No, no. I just like beer." It wasn't until I got home that I realized I was wearing a Beer Church t-shirt.

"Bradley Cailor was a yo-yo dieter. He hit bottom when his scale topped out at 266 pounds. Today, he's a trim 152, and he did it drinking beer," says an article at cbs2chicago.com.

"Start by just getting your meals a little smaller. Don't have a gigantic thing of fries. Have some fries,” Cailor said.

The point is to keep from feeling deprived. During the week he eats small meals. Snack-sized ones, five or six times a day. And he works out every day.

But on weekends, he eats all the stuff he loves. And drinks beer.

"You gotta do the right things most of the time, and then we can have fun here a couple times a week, too,” Cailor said. “Remember: Eighty percent good, maybe 20 percent bad. That's the ticket."

The article concludes that he has switched to light beer, and reminds the reader that beer is a slurge, not a binge.

Labels:


posted by hiikeeba at 19:16

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home