10 February 2007

Beer Evaluation - Shiner Bock

As a local brewery supporter, I have been drinking Shiner beers regularly for over a decade. The other day I decided to sit down and evaluate my favorite beer, and was surprised by the outcome.

Appearance (0-3 pts): Orangey brown color with amber highlights. Perfect clarity. It has a thick white head with small bubbles that dissapatesrapidly to a small ring around the edge of the glass. 3 points.

Aroma/Bouquet (0-4 pts.): Cararmelly sweet aroma. No hops detected. Definitely malty. Maybe a little too sweet? 3 points.

Taste: Hop/Malt Balance (0-4 pts.): Low hop bitterness, mainly in the finish. 4 points.
Aftertaste (0-3): Finishes sweet with a little hop bitterness on the back of the tongue. 2 points.
Mouthfeel (0-3): A little thin and watery. 2 points.

Overall Impression (0-3 pts.): Shiner Bock is the quintessential Texas experience. It's so much more flavorful that most other beers, and I like it. 3 points.

Total: 17 points.

I have to admit, I had thought it would rank a bit higher than that. But I am just starting this whole evaluation thing, and I suspect that when I revisit this evaluation, things might change.

Labels:


posted by hiikeeba at 20:47

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home