12 December 2013

Finally! Sanity!

Norman Miller, a beer columnist from Framingham, Mass. recently wrote that he will no longer chase rare beers because of the craziness of other people who go from store to store snapping up as much of the rare beer as they can.

"This won’t stop my beer trips – I waited in line for Kate the Great at the Portsmouth Brewery and I traveled to Vermont to buy the Alchemist’s Heady Topper and some Lawson’s Finest Liquids beers. However, I look at those as more a beery adventure rather than a search for a white whale beer. I did it just as much to spend time with friends and fellow beer geeks as I did with the beer," he wrote.

Speaking as someone who can never get the rare beers anyway, because I live in too small a town, I applaud Miller's stand. It's time to stop this chase card mentality. And the best way to do it is to stop buying them like mad.

Labels:


posted by hiikeeba at 08:00

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home