28 April 2013

The Horror! The Pub Owner Allergic to Beer!

Imagine waking up one day, after months of feeling ill, and learning that you are allergic to the product you sell.

Shudder.

Alistair Scott was the first beer sommelier in the UK two years ago. He travels around the country matching beer and food for pub owners, and he own two pubs himself.

After months of feeling ill, he learned he was allergic to yeast. So now, instead of full pints, he has to sip the beer.

The poor bastige.

"It could have been caused by drinking too much of it. I mainly drink ales and they are very heavily yeasted so I may have just overloaded my body," he said. So he's switching to lagers, though he would prefer to give up bread.

Labels:


posted by Jeff Holt at 08:00

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home