26 April 2013

Karbach Rodeo Clown Double IPA - Review

This is the last of my Dallas beers.  If any of my readers in Dallas or Houston come to Paradise, bring me some of this, please.

Appearance (0-3): Pours up an almost opaque orange with a thin off-white head that disappears quickly. 1 Point

Aroma/Bouquet (0-4): Starts with a malt sweetness and finishes with a mild citrus aroma. There are some alcohol notes.  2 points

Taste (0-10): An almost brown sugar start, replaced with a spicy hop flavor that travels from the front to the back of my tongue, finishing bitter at the back of my throat. Medium to thick bodied, good carbonation. There's a nice hit of the alcohol, too. 7 Points

Overall Impression (0-3): Not a bad Double IPA, but not a great one. Besides the clarity issues, it finishes a bit too sweet. It reminds me of Sierra Nevada Bigfoot, and that is not a bad thing. I also like the can design.  If it were available here, I'd give it 2 points. However. . . 0 Points

Total: 10 points

Labels:


posted by hiikeeba at 08:00

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home