12 March 2010

Freetail Brewing Buffalo Hump 1840 IPA Review

I had to go to San Antonio the other day. And since Freetail Brewing is almost on the way home, I stopped by for a late lunch and a couple of beers. What caught my eye on the chalkboard was Dry Hopped Buffalo Hump 1840 IPA. Always on the lookout for something to cure my Pliny the Elder cravings, I gave this beer a shot. And I am glad I did! Buffalo Hump 1840 IPA is an amazing beer with a huge hop nose and flavor that is certainly heading towards the West Coast.

Dry Hopped Buffalo Hump 1840 IPA

Appearance (0-4): Pours up a golden amber, with bright gold highlights. Crystal clear with a dense , creamy head that leaves a nice lacing along the side of the glass. 4 points

Aroma (0-3): Citrus and tropical fruit aroma from the hops. Very appetizing. 3 points

Taste: Hop/Malt Balance (0-4): Nice malt backbone for an excellent blend of hops. 4 points

Aftertaste (0-3): Clean hop flavor up front, but a harsh bitterness is left on the back of the throat after two of these. 1 points

Mouthfeel (0-3): Medium bodied with good carbonation. 3 points

Overall Impression (0-3): An easy drinking IPA that reminds me West Coast IPAs. So good, I had to buy a growler of it! 3 points

Total: 18 points

Labels: ,


posted by hiikeeba at 08:24

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home