14 December 2008

Aud's No Scufflin' Ale Kegging Day

The Saturday after Thanksgiving, I kegged the barleywine, Aud's No Scufflin' Ale. It's a clear amber with ruby highlights. You can smell the alcohol, and a little vanilla. I guess the vanilla's from the oak cubes I added about a month ago. It's a little sweet, with some hops on the back of the tongue. Good alcohol bite. If anything, I would have liked a bit more hops flavor, but I ain't gonna complain. I put it in a keg and primed with corn sugar. I will let it sit 6 weeks or so before bottling. Then a year or so in the cooler.

OG=1.122
FG=1.018
13.92% alcohol

I will brew another batch of this in January or February of next year, and again in July. You can never have enough barley wine on hand.

Labels:


posted by hiikeeba at 10:16

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home