28 November 2008

Shiner Holiday Cheer Review

Well, I have been looking forward to this, and finally the day has arrived. Sorry, Anonymous. Another Shiner 98 killer has been released.

Shiner Holiday Cheer

Appearance (0-3): This pours up a dark brown/mahogony with ruby highlights and a thin tan head that quickly fades to a few stray bubbles on top. I'd like a bit more staying power. 1 point

Aroma/Bouquet (0-4): The aroma is a faint peach, with something nutty or earthy in it with just a hint of spice. No hops detected. Smells great! 3 points

Taste (0-10):Hop/Malt Balance (4): Let me start off by saying that Shiner's dunkleweiss is as much a weiss as their hefe is. By that I mean the typical hefe banana and clove notes don't come through. They are both clean, good beers. So too much peach flavor would overwhelm the base beer. Slightly nutty at the start. Finishes with peach flavor. But all flavors are subtle. No hops detected, which is great, because that would interfere with the flavorings. Sorry again, anonymous. 4 points
Aftertaste (3): There is a fresh peach flavor that fills the mouth with a little pecan nuttiness in the background. 3 Points
Mouthfeel (3): Feels a bit thin, but highly carbonated. 2 points

Overall impression (0-3): This is pretty good. I'll have to have a couple more, but I may be spending a lot of holiday money on this. I think I like it. A lot. I'll be drinking this all season long. 3 points

TOTAL: 15 points

Labels:


posted by hiikeeba at 08:25

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home