22 July 2008

Pints for Prostates

I got a an email from Rick Lyke at the Lyke 2 Drink blog. Here's am excerpt:

As some of you know, three months ago I had surgery for prostate cancer. I was diagnosed with the disease after a routine physical. Thankfully, the illness was caught early and the surgery was successful. You can catch the early part of the story by visiting a blog post I made two weeks after the surgery at http://lyke2drink.blogspot.com/2008/04/back-from-where-ive-been.html. Since then I had a follow up PSA test that came back with a 0.0 reading, which is fantastic news.

After the surgery I contacted a group called Us TOO international, which works help support, educate and advocate for men and their families dealing with the illness. This resulted in the launch of a campaign called "Pints for Prostates." You can read a press release about the campaign at: http://lyke2drink.blogspot.com/2008/07/pints-for-prostates-campaign-launched.html.

I have added a donation link on the right. Please chip in. If you are a man over 40, get a prostate exam.

Labels:


posted by hiikeeba at 16:56

2 Comments:

Blogger Virgil G said...

That seems like a charity I can get BEHIND.

I can't be the first person to have thought of that.

10:50 PM  
Blogger hiikeeba said...

You're probably not. But, you're the first person who said it. Congratulations!

7:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home