22 January 2007

Hookarm's Dark Ale #2

Over the weekend I brewed Hookarm's Dark Ale. Here's the recipe and the brewing notes:

Hookarm's Dark Ale #2

6 pounds liquid dark extract
4 ounces 90° lovibond Crystal malt
2 ounces chocolate malt
1 ounce 3.6% Saaz pellets/60 minutes
1 ounce 3.6% Saaz pellets/30 minutes
1 ounce 3.6% Saaz pellets/5 minutes
1 teaspoon Irish Moss (for clarification)
White labs WLP060 American Ale Blend Yeast

I brought 1.5 gallons of water and the specialty grains to 155° and removed from heat and let steep for 30 minutes. Then I added the malt extract and brought to a boil. I added the hops as noted above. After 45 minutes, I added the Irish moss as a clarifier.

Using the Good Eats method, I put a 7lb bag of ice in 1 gallon and 1 pint of water. I strained the wort onto the ice, and topped up to 5 gallons.

ProMash said the Original Gravity would be 1.044. I got 1.042.

Labels:


posted by hiikeeba at 19:58

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home