09 August 2005

The Fruits of Our Labors

Our homebrew, hefeweiss on the left, classic American ale on the right

We got together Sunday, my brewing partner and I, to sample or creations, and to plan for the future.

Something is wrong with the Classic American Pre-Pro Ale. My brewing partner described it as smelling like plastic. "Remember those plastic innertubes you had as a kid? Whenever you opened the package, you were hit with that plastic smell." He hit the nail right on the head. It's not the best tasting beer I've ever brewed, but it after a couple of beers you get used to it. I give this one a 3 out of 10. And in the picture above, that beer is on the right.

The Austin Hombrew Hefeweiss kit was much better, although my brewing partner insists there's something wrong with it. He says it taste kind of metallic and buttery. I didn't notice it, so much. I noticed the fruit flavors of the hefeweiss, but nothing out of the ordinary. I give it 8 out of 10.

We made our Christmas beer plans, and will brew those a lot closer together.


posted by hiikeeba at 07:10

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home