18 November 2013

Smokin' Hops BBQ - Dripping Springs

Satan and I went to the AHA rally at Jester King Brewery last weekend. It ran from 1-4 pm, and as we left we were feeling a bit peckish. On the way to the rally, I'd spotted a sign that said "Smokin' Hops". I suggested we stop there and check it out.

There was an impressive assortment of taps. I picked Liberation IPA from Independence Brewing, Satan had a Sprite. We ordered their jalapeno poppers. They were huge, about three inches long, filled with cheese and their smoked brisket, breaded and deep fried. Delicious and hot.

For the main course I order chopped brisket sliders, and Satan chose pulled pork sliders. Each plate had three sliders, so Satan and I exchanged one. The brisket sliders were good, but the brisket was hard to keep between the buns.  That's all right though. I had a fork! The brisket was good all by itself.

On our way out, I noticed a barrel with an airlock. I hadn't realized they were a brew pub! Now I have to go back.

Smoke'n Hops is located at 3799 East U.S. 290, just a couple of miles east of Dripping Springs.

Labels:


posted by hiikeeba at 08:00

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home