16 October 2013

Belgian Bombshell Tasting Notes

I tapped the Belgian Bombshell the other day. It's a refreshing beer, but there are some flaws.

Appearance (0-3): Pours up a hazy golden with a white head that fades rapidly to a thin string of bubbles on the top. 3 points

Aroma/Bouquet (0-4): Sweet malt aroma with coriander and cardamom.  It smells like a spring breeze. I know that sounds silly, but it smells fresh and crisp. I gotta give it 4 points.

Taste (0-10): Starts with a slightly sweet flavor. Spices develop on the mid tongue followed by a smooth hop bitterness on the back of the tongue. Maybe a bit too much hop bitterness.  It's a bit undercarbonated, which makes it have a thin mouthfeel. It's a session beer, so that may not be a bad thing. 6 points

Overall Impression (0-3): My last few batches have turned out disappointing. Old MILFwaukee had a sour bite. The barleywine was thin, and the Citra DIPA (more on that later) didn't have a crisp hoppiness that I'd hoped for. The Paint Rock Bock went sour on me. I was afraid this one would turn out badly. Fortunately, it looks like the tide has turned. It's not a perfect beer, but I look forward to drinking it, which counts for something. 2 points

Total: 15 points

Labels:


posted by hiikeeba at 08:00

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home