08 July 2013

A Pet Peeve

Satan and I brought back a lot of beer from our trip to NHC. One of our scores was Three Floyds Arctic Panzer Wolf DIPA.

Look, I love DIPAs, and this one is amazing! I love the hop/malt balance, and the flavor of the hops is wonderful!

I poured half the bottle into my 12 ounce Sam Adams glass and slowly poured it down my throat, hoping to stretch out the love.

But when I poured the remainder into my glass, to my horror, I saw floaties. Bits of hop leaves floating in the beer.

I have issues with beer clarity. The upcoming post about my Citra DIPA will touch on it, but it's taking me quite a bit of intestinal fortitude to finish this glass.

I know the hops won't kill me, but it's just unsettling to look at it. A few weeks ago, I bought a sixer of Real Ale Lost Gold IPA. The bottles were FULL of floaties. I had to carefully decant the beer and then discard the remainder.

Yes, I'm crazy.

Labels:


posted by hiikeeba at 08:00

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home