Happy New Year!
- beer has a number of natural antioxidants and vitamins that can help prevent heart disease and even rebuild muscle
- beer has one of the highest energy contents of any food or drink, but you need to set limits: one beer gets you going and four make you fat
- beer may actually provide better hydration than water alone when you're sweating it out under the sun
- Calorie-wise, one may be tempted to grab a light lager, but a dark beer is the better choice for health benefits
- Dark beers tend to have the most antioxidants, which help reverse cellular damage that occurs naturally in the body.
- microbrews are healthier than mass-produced beers, because they have more hops, which contain polyphenols that help lower cholesterol, fight cancer and kill viruses.
Labels: Beer and Health
posted by Jeff Holt at 10:01