10 December 2012

On The Interstate Part 2

While I was on the Interstate--25 miles from my house and serviced by the same distributors--I picked up something that would never ever arrive in Paradise: Miles Davis' Bitches Brew!

Miles Davis' Bitches Brew

Appearance (0-4): Since I don't know what gesho is (the labels read "Ale brewed with honey and gesho"). The label says it's an imperial stout.  So I'm judging it that way. Pours up an opaque jet black with a small tan head that fades quickly to a ring of tan bubbles. 3 points

Aroma/Bouquet (0-3): Slight aroma of coffee and roasted malts. 2 points

Taste (0-10): Coffey/roasted malt to start, with some hop bitterness on the middle of the tongue. Thick mouthfeel, Good carbonation. 9 points

Overall Impression (0-3): According to Wikipedia, gesho is used in a manner similar to hops. No clue what it tastes like. So I don't know how to judge it.  What I do know how to judge is how easy is it for me to get. This is not available in Paradise. Therefore it gets 0 points

Total (0-20): 14 points

Labels:


posted by hiikeeba at 08:00

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home