08 December 2012

I Had to Drive to the Interstate

Since I had to go to Kerrville. . .

Well I didn't actually have to go. I wanted to go to Grape and Grain. I had no expectation of finding bottles of Pumpkinator. The distributor told my local honey hole here in Paradise was told it was all sold out. Go figure.

Pumpkinator

Appearance (0-4): Jet black with a thin tan head. Opaque. Gorgeous. 4 points

Aroma/Bouquet (0-3): Pumpkin Pie spice, cinnamon, nutmeg.  Maybe some pumpkin, it's hard to tell. The spices predominate. 2 points.

Taste (0-10): Some malt and pumpkin sweetness, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla, and a bit of hop bitterness in the finish. Reminds me of Dr. Pepper. Full bodied with medium carbonation. Amazing beer.  10 points.

Overall Impression (0-3): I love this beer. I look forward to its release every year. And, except for this year, I never get it. It's distributed with an eye dropper.  And this after moving to the larger brewery which promised we'd see more of this stuff. And by we, they meant folks along the Interstate. The rest of us in flyover country don't.* So, in accordance with my new review rules: 0 Points

Total: 16 points

*I don't blame Saint Arnold. Their local distributor, who shall remain nameless, distributes it with an eye dropper.

Labels:


posted by hiikeeba at 08:00

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home