20 April 2012

Navajo Grill Beer Menu Needs Reform

A few days ago, I went to a retirement party thrown for a co-worker at Navajo Grill, here in Paradise. The food menu, as usual, was outstanding. Navajo Grill is one of my favorite restaurants in town and the one I recommend the most, after Fredericksburg Brewing Company. They other night they poured wine from Becker Vineyards, but I don't drink wine. So I asked for a beer. There menu was short: Bud, Bud Light, Miller Light, Coors Light, Real Ale Rye IPA and Fireman's #4, Shiner Bock and Black (they also listed 102, which sold out last year).

They served their wine in nice crystal glasses.  Even the water was served in crystal. The beer? It came in the bottle with a napkin wrapped around it.

This from one of the nicest restaurants in town.

It reminded me of Scott Metzger's challenge to San Antonio restaurants. He offered to help any restaurant revamp their beer list to include Texas craft beer. I am challenging the restaurants here in Fredericksburg to add more Texas brewed choices. I'd be happy to help.  Just check my profile and shoot me an email.

Currently, you can get not only Real Ale and Shiner, but also Rahr & Sons, Independence Brewing, and Jester King. Why aren't they in more restaurants around here?

(Here are the Texas breweries that don't distribute to Fredericksburg: Deep Ellum Brewing, Fanconia, Peticolas, (512) Brewing, Austin Beerworks, Circle Brewing, Hops & Grain, Live Oak Brewing, Middleton Brewing, South Austin Brewing, Thirsty Planet Brewing, Twisted X Brewing, Buffalo Bayou Brewing, Karbach Brewing, No Label Brewing, Southern Star Brewing, Wicked Beaver Brewing, and Ranger Creek.)

If you have similar problems in your city, you need to contact the restaurant managers and ask for Texas beer.

Labels: ,


posted by hiikeeba at 08:00

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home