12 April 2011

Neener, Neener!

I despise the chase mentality.

I wish breweries had distributors who had the huevos to carry more Texas craft beer and Texas craft brewers were able to produce enough beer to meet demand.

I like to flaunt my scores to people who can't get them.

Therefore, this is my obligatory Divine Reserve Post:


Saint Arnold Divine Reserve 11

Appearance (0-3): Pours up a crystal clear golden amber with red highlights and thick white head that takes a while to fall.  3 points

Aroma/Bouquet (0-4):  Citrus and pine notes blend together, with some tropical fruit aromas.  3 points

Taste: Hop/Malt Balance (0-4):  Malt sweetness quickly replaced with a blend of pine and citrus hops across the back of the tongue. 3 points
Aftertaste (0-3):  Leaves a subtle lingering bitterness at the back of the throat. 3 points
Mouthfeel (0-3):  Medium body with good carbonation.  3 points

Overall Impression (0-3):    I had my first draft Pliny two years ago and am convinced that it is a perfect beer.  Sadly, I didn't take notes then, so I don't know how this stacks up.  I know it's close!  But it ain't quite right.  I do know it's better than bottled Pliny, maybe because my bottle is fresher than the bottles of Pliny I have had.  This is easy drinking, and jam packed with hop flavor.  3 points.


Total: 18 points

Labels:


posted by hiikeeba at 06:35

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Great work! I love the blog style!

12:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home