08 March 2011

Dry-hopping Dirktastic

It's been a crazy week, and it included a 13-hour round trip to Oklahoma for a dear friend.  I finally was able to sit down and gather myself and dry hop Dirktastic.  I needed one ounce of Challenger, a half ounce each of Centennial and Simcoe.  So I went through the bag of hops left over from the Brew Masters Warehouse order.  No Simcoe.

I went into the massive "Bag of Poor Math Skills", a large ziplock bag of all my leftover hops.  I thought I might have a Simcoe in there, but no.  I had used it to dry hop Saison du Permienne.  Looking at my array of hops, I spotted Citra.

In true Macht's Nicht spirit, I measured up half an ounce of Citra and added it, with the other hops, to the fermenter for a 7 day dry hop.  Then I said a few "Hail Ninkasi"s.  I have to keg it next Sunday, and force carbonate it for bottling on March 20, so I can ship it March 21.

No pressure.

Labels: ,


posted by hiikeeba at 08:51

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home