|Pretend the Windmill is the Wholesale |
Beer Distributors of Texas, and Sir
Quixote is all the Texas brewers
This year, that is HB 602.
Scott Metzger, of Freetail Brewing in San Antonio, has been proposing a bill that would allow your local brewpub to sell their beer to distributors for sale in retail outlets. That is HB 660.
Now it's time for you to write your Legislator, and tell them you would like them to support these bills. These folks have to take the Wholesalers Lobby seriously--if they offend them, they will support someone else in the next election, and no politician wants to be voted out of office. So we have to make it clear that this is what We, The People, want.
Currently, the State of Texas is looking at a $27 billion dollar budget deficit. Here are some points to mention about the bills:
HB 602 will
- allow breweries to create more jobs by helping fund brewery expansion
- create more tax revenue for the State of Texas
- Brewpubs in other states are allowed to sell their beer to distributors and then into retail outlets
- Texas consumer dollars are paying taxes and creating jobs in other states
- The bill will create more jobs
- The bill will create more tax revenue for the State of Texas
posted by Jeff Holt at 11:09