26 January 2010

The Return of H2DC!

Well, with all this talk of BrewDog taking over the world, I decided it was high time I rebrewed H2DC, but this time, avoid the keg clogging issue. I fermented this in my conical fermenter the first time, and the trub from the hops and dead yeast covered my side valve, so I got a lot of hop matter into the keg and that clogged up the dispensing post. This time, I will do it in a plastic bucket with an inverted back nut on the spigot. That should help eliminate some of the hop material.

I brewed this on January 24 and my OG was 1.030.

Well, I got H2DC into the fermenter finally, but you did miss one horse and pony show. Yesterday I cleaned the Williams fermenter I was going to use. When I reassembled the valve, I didn't get it tight enough. As I was pumping the wort into the fermenter, I could see a little leak. So I sanitized the other bucket I had, then transfered the wort from one to the other. Flat out dead run for the last twenty minutes.

O, Ninkasi, hast thou forsaken me?

Labels: ,


posted by hiikeeba at 11:19

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home