20 January 2010

How to Lose Weight - But Not the Beer

Derek Gelber, 30, has dropped 102 pounds without giving up beer. He's done it by changing his diet and exercising. “I was as strict as I could be without changing the fact that I’m still going to hang out, I’m still going to tailgate, I’m still going to go to the pool and funnel beers with my buddies,” he said.

Gelber, a former swimmer for the University of Georgia, eats 350 calories every three hours, "with a low fat yogurt and low sodium vegetable juice for breakfast, two turkey sandwiches for lunch and plenty of lean meats and fish, as well as a protein shake two times a day."

“When you set a goal, you have to have a why. It’s got to be important enough because if you don’t have a strong why then it’s not going to work out very well because you’re going to find reasons why not to (do something).” -Derek Gelber"

Labels:


posted by hiikeeba at 09:06

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home