16 January 2010

All Citra West Texas Wheat

I've been hearing a lot about Citra hops, and how fruity they taste. So I thought I would test them out. I toyed with the idea of using my Dirktastic recipe as a base. But Satan said something to me that got me to thinking. He said he finds most American wheat beers to be bland and tasteless. And after sampling the Jester King Das Wunderkind the other day, I figured I would try my hand at a hoppy American Wheat.

All Citra West Texas Wheat
OG 1.052 - 60% efficiency - 6 gallon batch - 27 IBUs
7# Wheat malt
6# 2 Row
.5# CaraPils
.5# Crystal 20
.75 oz Citra 11%/60
.5 oz Citra 11%/10
1.75 oz Citra 11%/ dry hop
WLP001

I planned to brew this on January 10. But freezing weather forced a delay. It's on deck for Saturday. Stay tuned

Update: Got this into the fermenter. I got 1.042. The Citra hops are interesting. Very tropical aroma. Can't wait to taste this!

Labels:


posted by hiikeeba at 09:31

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home