22 September 2009

Black Orchard Wit

So brew day for the Black Jasmine With came, and I wimped out. I decided to brew the recipe in Zymurgy, instead. So I replaced the jasmine tea with chamomile tea and started to brew.

Now that I brew on the back porch and can watch TV, and the temps have fallen a bit, I can brew in the afternoon. Brewing and drinking! Yeah, baby!

Well THAT was a clusterfuck! I may have hit my mash target, but Ninkasi shat all over this brew session. Somehow, ProMash has stopped calculating how much water grain absorbs, and a lower flame caused a much bigger boil off than normal. ANNDD, despite collecting a gallon less of wort, my gravity was .015 low! Oh! And I forgot to add the orange peel until I started chilling. No more afternoon brewdays for me! Going to start at 7 am, next time, when I can think clearly!

Labels: ,


posted by hiikeeba at 06:35

3 Comments:

Blogger marcus said...

If you get a chance you should try the commercial Black Orchard of "The Bruery", it's solid.

5:34 PM  
Blogger hiikeeba said...

I have had the Black Orchard. It was a club night at NHC in Oakland. While the other 800 people were in line at Lost Abbey, I kept going to The Bruery booth.

9:28 AM  
Blogger hiikeeba said...

I mean it was Pro Night at NHC in Oakland.

9:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home