06 November 2008

New Hampshire Regional Homebrew contest scores

I got my scores back from New Hampshire. I entered the Peppercorn Amber Ale in the New England Regional Homebrew Competition as an amber ale, Category 10B. (Two of my mom's sisters passed from cancer, and my dad's sister has cancer. Since the proceeds for this contest go to the American Cancer Society, I figured I oughtta enter.)

I got a 35 out of 50, my best score ever. Both judges said the beer was too hoppy. It was based on Jamil Zanisheff's recipe in Brewing Classic Styles: 80 Winning Recipes Anyone Can Brew. Of course it would be too hoppy on the East Coast.

I should get the scores from the Dixie Cup soon.

I hope.

Labels:


posted by hiikeeba at 19:02

2 Comments:

Blogger Dave v1.2 said...

"of course it would be too hoppy on the east coast"

hahaha - love that!

1:13 AM  
Blogger hiikeeba said...

I got slightly lower scores in the Dixie Cup, citing problems recipe formulation. Oddly, they praised the hops, but wanted more malt.

1:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home