30 October 2008

Coffee Wheat Porter

I cannot sing enough praises for Randy Mosher's Radical Brewing. I have brewed the wheat porter a few times, and it is everything I look for in a stout! And it is now in my rotation: to be brewed 4 or 5 times a year.

This time, inspired by the Brewing Network's interview with Terrapin Brewery's Brian "Spike" Bukowski, I decided to add some coffee to my wheat porter. I followed Spike's advice and bought his blend of coffee from Jittery Joe's. I soaked an ounce and a half of ground coffee in water, in the fridge, three days before kegging, then added it just before I sealed the keg.

This is why people should homebrew. This beer rocks. Sure, the porter is a bit thin, but it is a great beer. I'm definitely doing this again!

Labels:


posted by hiikeeba at 08:23

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home