18 December 2007

Maybe I Can Do This After All

A couple of weeks ago, I tried the Late Hopping technique and brewed Kinda Sorta Charlie's Palilalia Pale Ale. Four days ago, I added some gelatin to the fermenter to clarify it. On Saturday, I kegged it.

Big hop aroma! Floral and citrus. Nice hop bitterness that wasn't too overpowering. Satan will need Tums when he tries this, but he won't mind.

Three to four weeks in the keg, and it should be perfect. I hope I can wait that long!

Labels:


posted by hiikeeba at 19:45

2 Comments:

Blogger Adam said...

Now that's what I'm talkin' about. Never tried gelatin. What kind do you get? Just get whatever is available at the grocery store?

I have two English Ales I'm gonna keg. One will be cask cond. and dry hopped. The other force carbonated. Any help would be much apercyated.

6:54 PM  
Blogger hiikeeba said...

I use 1/2 teaspoon of plain old Knox unflavored gelatin disolved in 1 cup of hot water. I bought it at my local supermarket. I can't believe that it took me this long to try it. The results are impressive. It doesn't get rid of everything. To do that, I filter. But the resulting beer is mostly clear with a little haze.

7:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home