24 November 2007

Shiner Bohemian Black Lager

Someone should let anonymous know he's gonna be crying again! I have just tasted the best beer ever to come out of the Little Brewery in Shiner!

Shiner Bohemian Black Lager
Appearance (0-3): Pours up dark brown to black with a thin off-white head. 2 Points.
Aroma/Bouquet (0-4): Slightly sweet, roasted malts are faint. 3 points.
Taste: Hop/Malt Balance (0-4): Very little hop flavor. Malt dominates. 4 points.
Aftertaste (0-3): Starts of maly sweet and finishes roasty on the back of the tongue, but very subtle. Not overpowering at all. 3 points
Mouthfeel (0-3): Full-bodied. Very nice. 3 points
Overall Impression (0-3): This is officially My Beer. It is very drinkable, and the roast flavor doesn't build up too much over time. This is very much like a German Schwarzbier I had a few years ago. Very smooth. 3 Points
Total: 18 Points

The only reason that this doesn't rate a 20 is that the head is a bit thin, and the aroma is a bit faint. But I ain't complaining!

Sorry, Anonymous!

Labels: ,


posted by hiikeeba at 20:28

3 Comments:

Blogger Tex-Mex Food said...

Tried the Bohemian Black Lager for the first time this weekend in San Marcos. It is a very drinkable beer. Light enough to have several before dinner and not fill you up. Picked up a six pack to bring home. Hope I can find it around here.

Jeffery, I see you are from Fredericksburg. I have to visit the Fredericksburg Brewery every time I am in the area. I like their Pioneer Porter. What is your favorite.

Great Blog.....

9:22 PM  
Blogger hiikeeba said...

The porter is also my favorite. I had the Harper Valley IPA the other day, and it's a close second. Tonight from 5-7 pm, the Brewery is celebrating the end of Prohibition.

6:06 AM  
Blogger Billy Davis said...

This is a really good beer. I'm not a big fan of dark beer ... but I love this one!

12:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home