11 November 2007

Scottish Surprise Scottish Ale - Kegging notes

I sampled this the other day, and found it had no aroma and no flavor.

I kegged it tonight. My OG was 1.030. My FG was 1.008. I poured up a cup of the beer to measure, and noticed it was pretty clear. It smelled of yeast, mainly because I shook it up when I moved it into the kitchen to keg. There is a hint of maltiness and some hops, but it is surprisingly tasteless.

When I opened the conical to clean it, I discovered white flakes that looked wax- or plastic-like had adhered to the sides. Anyone have a clue?

Labels:


posted by hiikeeba at 15:47

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beer Stone?

11:22 PM  
Blogger hiikeeba said...

That's a thought. Is it bad?

6:50 AM  
Blogger hiikeeba said...

Stupid submit button making me click it before finishing my thought!

Anyway, this stuff is soft, and I thought beer stone was hard. It appears to float on the top of the brew, and not stick to the sides. It washed right off with no scrubbing.

6:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home