20 August 2014

Ow! My Back!

The last couple of weeks have been hectic.

On August 2, I had to help Satan cook a birthday dinner for his Dad. On the Thursday or Friday after that, I felt a pimple on my lower back as I slid into my chair. It was a nice, pointed pain that let's you know the darned thing is about to burst.

On Saturday, I worked at Pedernales Brewing Company. What I expected to be a slow day got busy quickly. That made the day go by a lot faster. As I was going home, I  was carrying a case of employee beer, the brewmaster, fresh from an investors meeting clapped  me on the  shoulder and said, "Drinking all the profets, eh?"

I pointed to my chest. "Fox," I said. I pointed up and twirled my finger. "Henhouse."

We had a good laugh, and I went home.

I was feeling tired, so I went to bed early, around 9 pm.  When I got up the next morning, I tried to decide whether or not to visit my nephew in San Antonio. My lack of energy made my decision. I plopped down into my recliner and spent the morning watching Netflix. I cooked lunch, and decided on a nap afterwards and slept until 5 pm.  I got up, had some left overs and went back to bed, sleeping until 8 pm. I watched a little TV and went back to bed at 10 pm.

Sometime in the middle of the night, I developed a fever, and a sore spot on my lower back where I had felt the pimple a couple of days earlier. I decided not to visit Fredericksburg Brewing Company, and just rest. When I went to work Tuesday, the sore spot on my back was the size of my hand. Hard as a rock, red, and radiating heat, I went to the doctor where I learned I had a boil on my back. After picking up some antibiotics, I went back home to bed.

The fever intensified on Wednesday, and I slogged through half a day of work before giving up. I slept through the afternoon, evening and night. By Friday, all the fever was gone, and the boil began to leak. So every day for the last week has been spent changing the dressing and going to work.

Today, the oozing has stopped, and the spot itches like mad! A good sign I suppose. But I realized that I missed a couple of posts.

I am back now. Hopefully there will be more beer fun to follow!

tl;dr I got sick and missed some blog posts.

posted by hiikeeba at 10:22

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home